This free Control Plan Training Course provides you with the materials you need to share control plans with with team members, customers, and suppliers.
- Walk Through Control Plan Elements
- An example control plan from a furniture manufacturer is reviewed, using the streamlined control plan template.
- Header information including control plan numbering and revision control
- Approval blocks for engineering and manufacturing
- Where to note CTQ’s and critical-to-safety process / product parameters
- Sampling requirements, control methods, and reaction plans
2. Control Plan Inputs
- This is about advanced quality planning
- Customer input is #1, including contractual and purchase order requirements
- Team input is #2, especially from the manufacturing team when a similar product is already being made
- Engineering specifications are the third input
- All quality/compliance/safety risks should be vetted through the DFMEA and PFMEA
3. Effective Controls – Upstream Vs Downstream
- Discusses the higher value and lower risk associated with upstream controls
- Uses an armature trickle resin example to illustrate