Continuous data is measured on a continuous scale. For example, an off-the-shelf air gage might read 30 psi when checking an automobile tire, but a higher resolution gage might read that same tire pressure as 30.1 psi. Other continuous data examples include –
- Curing oven temperature or time
- Moisture content in a paper tube
- Press force for a bearing assembly operation
- Product measurements such as diameter, length, weight, etc.
- On-hold time for a customer calling into a customer service team
Information and downloads on this website are for general educational purposes only, provided as-is, to be used at your own risk, with no warranties of any kind. While we strive to develop highly relevant content, the information and files provided on this site are not guaranteed to be completely relevant or up to date.