Continuous data is measured on a continuous scale. For example, an off-the-shelf air gauge might read 30 psi when checking an automobile tire, but a higher resolution gauge might read that same tire pressure as 30.1 psi.
Here are five examples of continuous data measurements –
- Curing oven temperature or time
- Moisture content in a paper tube
- Press force for a bearing assembly operation
- Product measurements such as diameter, length, weight, etc.
- On-hold time for a customer calling into a customer service team